Think Tank Development Solutions Organized “Game for EuroMed” Final Dissemination Seminar on 17th of August 2017. Attendees were curious about the game and after the seminar they became excited about the game and are waiting for the final version to be available for everyone!
About the project
The GEM Project aimed at promoting learning about intercultural dialogue through playing. The project went through 4 phases: the first phase was an online training in Gamification and intercultural citizenship. The second phase was the development of the game and translation into 4 languages. The third phase was the pilot workshops in schools and youth centres. The fourth phase was the dissemination seminar internationally in Palermo, Italy and locally in Egypt.
The project partners
4 organizations from 4 countries have participated in the GEM project; “CESIE” from Italy, “ADICE” from France, “WASEELA” and Think tank from Egypt and “JOHOUD” from Palestine.
- Presentation about GEM project; the idea the rationale, the phases of the project in details and photos from the pilot workshops
- Explaining the rules of the game to the audience
- Playing the game with two different groups
The number of attendees was 32 from local organizations, non-formal educators, students who attended workshops, teachers, or just people curious to know about the game. Organizations such as:
- Y-PEER Egypt which is working with youth peer education network of organizations and institutions has been pioneered by UNFPA in 2002.
- “Fadilia” Foundation is a social enterprise, which is working in community development field for the sake of building the virtuous city community (Utopia community) in slums through launching social entrepreneurship in slums differentiated by sustainable development.
- EduVation which is working in innovation in education and technology
- “Selmya” which is a network working in Peace education and activities
- “Egyptian association for development” which is an NGO working in the development field and has an interest in education.
- Facebook Event was Created 221 people interested
- 32 attendees from youth and organizations
- 4 copies of the game were given to the participant organizations
- Partnership with EduVation to participate with the game in EduVation Summit 2017
- Partnership with “Selmya”; as we participated in the International Day of Peace with the Game, more than 20 attendees were watching the 8 players while playing.
- “the game is an innovative tool for education about intercultural understanding” – Ahmed Shawki – One of the participants
- “I’ll go and check the website of the game to know all the questions and know more information about these countries” – Radwa Ammar , One of the participants
- ” I wish there could be a game like this for the whole world as we need to understand other cultures better” – Aya Elshafey – One of the participants