GEM idea arises from the recognition about the importance to educate youngsters to intercultural citizenship.
In fact, on one side the respect for other cultures is identified as the 2nd most important value for European people and as the 3rd one for Southern Euro-Mediterranean countries (ALF Report, 2014); on the other one, today more than ever, the promotion of intercultural citizenship and dialogue must be one of the key priorities for the future of a cohesive, respectful and tolerant Euro-Mediterranean area.
- To promote education for intercultural citizenship through playing.
- To develop educational pilot programmes on active intercultural citizenship based on “learning by playing” approach, providing with skills and knowledge formal and non-formal educators.
- To involve young people and educators in the development of a new creative resource – a board game – to be used in youth environments to promote values of tolerance and mutual understanding of different cultures and traditions.
- To support cooperation mechanisms among different stakeholders in view of managing project’s activities, exploit results and plan future cooperation.
- Development of catalogue of good practices using games as intercultural tool.
This activity will support the development of the theoretical framework of the board game, collecting insights about cultural and traditional elements featuring games in partners’ country.
- 3-day Online training course for 16 teachers and youth workers on intercultural citizenship.
The selected participants will be trained on “learning by playing” approach and they will contribute to design the board game structure and the pedagogical components.
- 20 pilot workshops in schools and youth centres to test the board game involving 160 youngsters.
- GEM board game ready (digital and printed version)
- National and international dissemination seminars
- Formal and non-formal educators (Teachers/youth workers)
- Young people aged 14-18
- Schools and educational stakeholders as well civil society organisations active in the youth field and Euro-Mediterranean cooperation.